Monday, October 18, 2010

Rethinking your fuel. PROBAR & GU work like magic!

So I think I have said it s few time already, but I am new to this whole endurance sport thing.  I learned really quick the hard way that in order to endure you need to have some fuel to burn.  Sounds like common sense but I just never thought about it until i was on my first group ride with a great team of cyclist.  They motivated me to join the and like everything in my life I tried it.  I was able to hang for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours at a pace that is much faster than my norm (22+ mph).....and then it happened!  Just like a car I ran out of fuel.  My legs literally had no more energy.  At first I was nervous that is was related to MS, but then after they came back for me and I told them what happened, they all asked the same thing.  What did you eat before and what food do you have with you now?  Do you GU? I had nothing with me and kept it light prior to getting out there.  They gave me a banana and some GU. It was amazing how quick I felt the affects.




Since then I started to Rethink my fuel.  Now I pack some GU and start each long work out with a PROBAR.


It's packed with tons of organic whole grains and sustainable energy.  That keeps me going for at least 1 1/2 hours.  Then I make sure I follow the rules of GU, I take one for every 45 minutes of exercise.  So that its!  

Now the only time I crash is when I forget to clip out of my pedals :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment